Curriculum Development Intern
Scholastica is a private, English-medium school in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It is a large school, catering to students from pre-school to Grade XII. The school has six campuses throughout Dhaka city, and caters to over 6,500 students from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds. Scholastica was founded with a mission to provide a balanced and well-rounded education for students, using English as the primary medium of instruction but placing equal emphasis on Bangla. Scholastica’s mission is to build curious, knowledgeable and caring young individuals, who will be equipped to tackle head-on the challenges of the modern-day “global village.” cultures and walks of life. The customized curriculum builds the knowledge, skills and attitudes that students need to succeed in their academic and professional careers after school. Students are encouraged to challenge themselves, their peers and their teachers in a setting that gives them confidence and builds their skills to think independently.
This internship opportunity is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
The Curriculum Development Intern will work directly under the Managing Director, Madiha Murshed (Harvard College, Class of 1999), on the following projects:
- Upgrade the Scholastica website
- Design and develop curriculum materials for various after-school programs
- Develop awareness raising programs for students on issues such as good citizenship, responsibility, health, and safety and create faculty guides
- Develop materials for various awareness programs conducted for the school community, including on key issues of health and safety (such as drug abuse, bullying and discipline)
- Proof-reading and research for new textbooks under development
- Develop programs under additional services offered by the school, such as guidance counseling, the university applications process, and reading competitions
For more information regarding stipend/assistance offered by Scholastica as well as logistical concerns (including travel, housing, and general lifestyle questions), please contact Madiha Murshed at email@example.com.
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter to Madiha Murshed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: Community Development