Livelihood Creation Project Webinar
Guriqbal Singh JAIYA, Director-Advisor to the Executive Director, WIPO Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
5:30pm to 7:00pm IST (8:00am to 9:30am EST)
This webinar will address:
- Differences between copyright, GI, trademark, and costs of certification
- Business advantages conferred by intellectual property certifications
- What kinds of handicrafts/handlooms products and designs might be eligible?
- Who owns IP rights in the handicrafts/handlooms sector? – artisans, designers, or the organization?
Guriqbal Singh JAIYA will share his thoughts and insights from his two decade long experience at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and provide information and examples of how organizations in the Crafts Sector can benefit from intellectual property certifications.
This webinar is for:
- Individuals associated with the handicrafts and handlooms sectors who lead and occupy senior positions in their organizations;
- Social entrepreneurs and executives of social organizations in creative industries who may wish to use IP as a powerful tool to protect their products and innovations;
- Practitioners involved in the non-profit sector who wish to maximise impact,
- Students who are interested in knowing how using IP effectively can become a very important strategy in achieving the objectives of a social organization
This is fifth in a series of monthly webinars on the Indian handicrafts and handlooms sector until November 2016. Every webinar in this series is completely free of cost.
Cosponsored with the Tata Trusts