VidyGyan Leadership Academy
VidyaGyan Leadership Academy
Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh, India
The Shiv Nadar Foundation has been established since 1994 by Shiv Nadar, envisioning to bring about Leadership for change through transformational education. The Foundation is committed to creating equitable opportunities for leadership through focused philanthropy in research-led education, creativity and art. The Foundation aims to achieve these primarily through outstanding educational institutions, which provide meritorious students from all walks of life the opportunity to receive world class education.
The Shiv Nadar Foundation is a strong believer of “Creative Philanthropy”. The most common approach to philanthropy has been to identify gaps and address them through time-bound project based large scale initiatives. This is the corrective route.
The creative approach that allows sustained institutionalized philanthropy for long-term high impact socio-economic transformation. The avenues of transformation can be many but the Foundation believes that education has the power to be the single-largest tool for socio-economic transformation. Education empowers individuals and is vital to reap our demographic dividend.
Creative philanthropy has the power to drive long term, sustainable, catalytic and multiplier impact for socio-economic transformation and change the future
This opportunity is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Understand: the robust selection process at VidyaGyan (VG) and debate on the Indian mechanism of selection
- To share global learning with the rural students in order to make them more aware
- Help prepare the children to match their urban counterpart. The ultimate aim at VidyaGyan is to prepare the children with 21st century learnings and hone them with leadership skills
- Make students more entrepreneurial in nature
- Develop social skills among VG students exposure to public speaking, competitions, and community service
- Develop skills with students such as lateral thinking, critical thinking, personality development, and higher order thinking skills
- To discuss, debate and develop the future for VidyaGyan Students – equip them with the knowledge, processes and tools to shape their destinies
During the internship, travel for official purposes will to be borne by the Foundation and travel to and fro from airport to VidyaGyan will be taken care by the Foundation.
Share the CV with a covering letter with Pamela Srivastava at firstname.lastname@example.org . The candidates short listed would then chat over a Skype Chat.
Tags: Community Development