Udayan Care, 16/97-A, 1st Floor, Vikram Vihar, Lajpat Nagar IV, New Delhi – 110 024
Vision of the organization: To regenerate the rhythm of life of the disadvantaged.
Mission of the organization: A nurturing home for every orphaned child, an opportunity for higher education for every girl and for every adult, the dignity of self-reliance and the desire to give back to society.
Udayan is a Sanskrit word meaning ‘Eternal Sunshine’. Udayan Care is a New Delhi based voluntary organisation that is committed to sustainable social development through working with disadvantaged children and women. Udayan Care was founded in 1994 and it is engaged in providing long term residential homes, where children, who are orphaned or abandoned, can be nurtured in a simulated family environment from the age of 6-18 years; giving monetary and mentoring support to girls from weaker sections of society enabling them to continue higher education.
Udayan Care has spread its work for disadvantaged groups during the last 22 years by establishing more family homes, helping girls’ education, providing vocational training etc. To date, Udayan Care has nurtured over 15,000 young minds. This has been made possible only through the support of like-minded people, donors and partners who believed in Udayan Care’s work and mission.
We are looking for different profiles according to several roles: social assistant, psychologist, educator, fundraiser, accountant, HR responsible, IT developer etc.
In general, the students should be strongly interested in the cause and show sensitivity to the cultural and social circumstances involved in working in India and in Udayan Care Home and different projects.
We offer a vast range of positions within our organisation. The two main sectors of activities are:
- a) Work in one of the children’s homes. Principal tasks and projects: – Social, psychological, health, cognitive assistance: support the growth of the children and propose ways to overcome psychological and physical deficiencies; -Educational support: improving children’s skills and capabilities by teaching English, helping them in doing homework, enhancing their self-confidence.
- b) Work in the head office. Principal tasks and projects: – Developing management system: empower organizational and IT system through research and development activities, HR management improvement, staff training, IT systems enhancing; – Networking, Marketing, Fundraising, and Advocacy: strengthen partnerships with other organizations and countries, empower the marketing and fundraising strategy and participate to advocacy initiatives.
Internship/Volunteering duration and Working times: The duration of volunteering/internship and the working times will be disposed in base of students’ academic and personal needs and the kind of project they are involved in.
The volunteering/internship placement is an unpaid position.
Volunteers/interns are not required to pay any registration fee. If they decide to choose to stay in one of our accommodation, Udayan Care can provide a shared room in one of the homes of children (with vegetarian food included) paying a small donation of Rs.500/- per day (approximately 7 € or 8 $ per day). It will be the responsibility of the interns to extend their medical and life insurance to cover the period of their stay with Udayan Care, as well as to carry proof of such insurance. The cost of medical and life insurance shall be the personal responsibility of the intern or Home University. It will be the responsibility of the interns to acquire an appropriate Visa.
Throughout the volunteering/internship period, students are required to: pre arrival
- Fill the application form (Click here for the application Form)before arriving • Updated CV
- Passport Copy
- Criminal Background Check from Local Police
- Write a start-document defining the goals and the expected accomplishments Post Arrival
- Work Plan & weekly reports
- Final report
- Project Report
- Presentation of Work done
For Further Queries please feel free to visit our website www.udayancare.org Mail us at Volunteers@udayancare.org
Ms Shradha Agarwal, Volunteer Manager, Mobile: +91-9312238377, Mail: email@example.com