Mumbai and Delhi, India
We strive toward a world where underprivileged communities have equal access to opportunities and resources by providing young people from underprivileged communities in India with high quality education and experiences to help them maximize their potential.
Through our unique relationship with our sister organisation Reality Tours and Travel, we are uniquely placed as an NGO to access resources. Every day we are able to connect with socially minded individuals coming through Dharavi, who, upon completion of a tour are often inspired to create change for our communities.
We have educated 400 students between 16 and 30 by providing training in English, computer and soft skills, trained 15 local women who teach almost 400 students in English using child-centered and interactive teaching methods and engaged with 130 children through a variety of sports programs.
We have also started our programs in the area of Sanjay Colony in New Delhi.
This opportunity is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
We are looking for a passionate individual who would like to help us re-discover what the community needs, something we did around 10 years ago. This will help us plan for the next 5/10 years and provide evidence for why we do, what we do.
The supervisor of the internship will be the Director of Education, who is an alumnus of Harvard University. Intern can expect full cooperation for any university requirements.
- Plan, design and manage an independent community needs assessment project using a research model that gives scientifically reliable results. The community will be the urban slum of Dharavi in Mumbai / Sanjay Colony in New Delhi
- Design the entire project with support from the team.
- Make the surveys for the community members(support to translate into local languages will be arranged)
- Explore internal and external partnerships for support in conducting the research
- Go into the communities collecting qualitative and quantitative data on what they need to be successful
- Write a paper summarizing the findings from this research, completely independent from the programs of the org
- Analyze the programs of Reality Gives, and make recommendations to align with the community needs
Reality Gives does not provide a stipend but offers assistance in finding housing and cultural excursions.
Share the CV, Transcript, and a cover letter to Suman Barua at firstname.lastname@example.org . He will contact you for a Skype Interview.