Raghunathan Family Fellowship
The Harvard South Asia Institute is pleased to offer the Raghunathan Family Fellowship (formerly known as South Asian Studies Fellowship) to support recent PhDs in the humanities and social sciences related to South Asia. Research topics can cover any period of South Asian history or contemporary South Asia. Candidates must be able to provide evidence of successful completion of their PhD by June of the year of appointment and may not be more than five years beyond the receipt of PhD. Scholars who have not had past opportunities to access Harvard’s resources and who have primarily been educated at institutions in South Asia will be prioritized.
Fellows are expected to reside in the Cambridge vicinity during the time of their award and to actively participate in the events and intellectual life of the Institute. Participation includes contributing to the greater Harvard community by teaching, mentoring, or advising students.
Total stipend for one year: $40,000
Health insurance up to $5,000 and round trip economy travel expenses to from South Asia to Boston will also be provided (for participants residing in South Asia only).
The Raghunathan Family Fellowship for the 2017 – 2018 Academic Year is due March 31, 2017.
- Visit and fill out the Online Application Form.
- Fill out and upload the SAI Fellowship Cover Sheet to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a five-page double spaced plan of research to the Online Application Form.
- Upload an updated curriculum vitae which lists your academic degrees, disciplines, dates the degrees were received, your publications, and research presentations, and previous grants and fellowships to the Online Application Form.
- Upload a writing sample (i.e. one dissertation chapter) to the Online Application Form.
- Two letters of reference should be emailed directly to Diana Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
Please note incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding SAI’s Fellowship opportunities. If you have questions, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions guide or email Program Coordinator, Diana Nguyen, email@example.com.