Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University offers two grants to support the work of Harvard University Faculty on fields related to South Asia.
Types of Funding:
- Short term, travel grants for work in fields related to South Asia
These grants average from $2,000-$5,000 and are intended to support travel to the South Asia region.
- LMSAI – Aman Foundation Grant for work in fields related to Pakistan
- Faculty will receive up to $10,000 in funding for original research in Pakistan. This funding can cover some costs associated with research at Harvard, but must also support travel to Pakistan for in-region research.
Application Deadline for 2017-2018 academic year grants: March 10, 2017
Eligible faculty must:
- Hold full time Harvard faculty appointments, preferable at the junior faculty levels
- Discuss how the work to be funded will lead to new scholarship, support early ventures, creatively enhance research or teaching missions at Harvard
- Demonstrate seasoned understanding of the problem and show prior preparatory work in this area
- Submit a brief bio and prior work/publications in the area for which funding is sought or in closely related subject areas
- Not seek bridge funds for segmental activities that are part of large, ongoing, multi-year endeavors which are already funded
- Have an administrative unit within Harvard to process the grant
Proposals of no more than five pages, including a bibliography, research agenda or methodology, detailed budget, and cover page should be submitted to:
Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute
Attn: Faculty Funding
1730 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Candidates will be notified of decisions by mid- April. Faculty grant recipients will be expected to provide a brief report upon completion of their project summarizing the work made possible by this grant.