Click to Subscribe & Stay Informed via Email!

Subscribe Here!

Subscribe and stay informed about our latest news and events!
  • Please List your Professional Affiliation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

News Article

SAI visiting artists’ reflections on time at Harvard

In March 2017, we welcomed our Spring semester Visiting Artists: Madhu Das (Mumbai, India) and Rabindra Shrestha (Kathmandu, Nepal). Both work in visual media; they displayed their work on campus, met with students, attended classes and gave public seminars from March 20-31. Applications are open until Monday, August 15, 2017 for the Fall program.

Madhu and Rabindra offered these reflections on their time at Harvard:

Madhu

I was able to Interact with people from different parts of the world and see how they responded to my work. This will help me to look at my work from a different perspective. I can now get a sense of India as an outsider as well as an insider. I haven’t been outside my home country and the unfamiliar landscape, weather and culture opened my mind.

Rabindra

I can’t fully express the power of the days I have spent here. People back home will be curious to see what I will do with this new exposure; it has given me fresh energy. Artists must come here with an empty mind; it’s almost like a holy place, where you have to absorb as much as you can.

0316 ARTISTS

Share Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn